Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Entry 11- last post

Finally, the fall section in U of T ended. Many friends of mine highly recommend me to take CSC165. CSC165 is extremely useful in science course because it trains me how to think logically.

Topics in CSC165 were very new concept to me and they were broken down to:
1. Reading and writing with symbols
2. Logic
3. Proof techniques
4. Growth rate questions such as Big O, Big Omega
5. Counting steps of codes
6. Computable

Overall I really enjoyed learning new concepts in CSC165. It is really well designed course with topics broken down which teaches you mathematical reasoning and expressions step by step. Each topics, I had to fully understand previous materials very well in order to understand the next topic. Although it is CS course I recommend this course to students who studies mathematics but with lack of proving skills.
 
Lastly, I would like to thank my prof. Danny Heap and my TA who helped me out to understand these materials.

No comments:

Post a Comment